Sydney Trains – Storage sheds for the Auburn Maintenance Centre
TOBCO is close to completing two storage sheds for the Auburn Maintenance Centre (Sydney Trains maintenance facility managed by Downer Rail).
One of the sheds has been designed to house train bogies with rail tracks cast into the topping slab of the shed. Careful coordination on this narrow site with difficult access has ensured minimal disruption to the over 300 personnel who work at the Auburn Maintenance Centre.
TOBCO’s scope includes:
- Bulk excavation for shed foundations
- Decommissioning existing On-Site Detention tanks
- Form and pour footings and slabs for both sheds
- Cast-in rail tracks
- Assemble and erect storage sheds
- Electrical fit-out
- Restoration of existing access road
This project will be concluding early in 2023, with electrical fit-out to conclude the project.