Innovation and Preservation: TOBCO’s Sustainable Bridge Reconstruction at Sydney Olympic Park
TOBCO has been meticulously navigating a complex and environmentally sensitive project, rebuilding three bridges at Sydney Olympic Park. As we strive for infrastructure improvements, the preservation of our natural surroundings remains a top priority.
Our team has worked closely with Environmental Compliance Officers from the Sydney Olympic Park Authority, ensuring the protection of existing mangroves, endangered frog habitats, and local swan populations throughout the process. We’re proud to report that the program was delivered effectively with zero safety or environmental incidents.
Our bridge reconstruction scope of work included:
- Removal of existing, deteriorating bridge decks and secondary support members
- Treatment of exposed structural steel elements
- Replacement of secondary support members with Fibre Reinforcement Polymer (FRP) structural members
- Replacement of timber decking with FRP perforated walkway, secured with stainless steel fasteners
- Management of pedestrian thoroughfare to minimise disruptions
- Crane operation and securing to the existing foundation support system