ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- REPORTS TO:
Construction Managers as delegated.
- Establish new projects, including sourcing documentation, liaising with compliance officers, setting up site safely, planning the work with crew leaders, identify major risks, and identify long lead items.
- Ensure new starters are introduced to the team and are given support to be productive and efficient.
- Ensure subcontractors and suppliers are engaged properly and that any procurement is done with CM’s full knowledge.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders
- Enhances organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Identify risks early and plan projects accordingly.
- Promote clean and tidy work sites, plant and equipment and the storage of materials. Maintain effective organisational skills to manage this aspect.
- Keep records of all costs and provide invoices, dockets, time sheets and receipts in places that are organised and easily retrievable.
- Attend a weekly and monthly meeting with the Site Engineers and HSEQ Manager to discuss progress and business related activities.
- Carry out project administration and liaison with network authorities and client with the upmost due diligence to ensure negative feedback or non-conformances are not received
- Ensure the safety of all personnel onsite when carrying out work, identify training required, right equipment for the project, administer and record risks on work sites and the training given to work crews
- Source quotations and procure materials
- Attend pricing reviews for all tenders and quotes.
- As a senior member of the company, represent TOBCO as a positive and progressive business at all times.
- Provide leadership in all areas of safety, quality and environmental core values of the business.
- Undertake all facets of bid development and management to prepare tenders for potential work
- JOB DIMENSIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
He/she is in charge of all business activity and the implementation of the HSEQ Management System in all levels of management. He/she must develop relationships between all members of TOBCO Construction, service providers and clientele.
The Site Engineer ensures the safety of all personnel onsite when carrying out work, identify training required, right equipment for the project, administer and record risks on work sites and the training given to work crews. He/she must promote clean and tidy work sites, plant and equipment and the storage of materials.
- PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Enjoy Practical and Manual Work
- Ability to give presentations and comfortably speak publicly.
- Ability to follow precise instructions
- Able to work as part of a team and be able to manage and lead a team effectively.
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Generally would have completed a Bachelor Degree with a major in Engineering.
- Must complete Network Authorisation and WHS refresher training and annually.
- Appropriate tickets and competencies (e.g. Green Card).
- SPECIALISED JOB KNOWLEDGE/DEMONSTRATED ABILITY
- Demonstrated commitment to improvements in safety and performance, environmental performance and legal compliance.
- CRITCIAL COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to follow safety procedures and requirements, legislative or otherwise, and design policies that comply with these requirements.
- Detail Mindedness
- Ensure that all aspects of the project has been accounted and controlled for. Ensure a high level of accuracy in work.
- Ability to meet deadlines on scheduled work and to efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Team Work
- Able to effectively and productively within a team environment where task completion is reliant on the co-operation of all members of the team.
- Work Quality
- Ability to perform maintenance activities and associated tasks to a high standard in an environment where safe work practices are critical
For the email submissions send to firstname.lastname@example.org