ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- REPORTS TO:
- DESCRIPTION: A Plant Operator performs the following tasks:
- Operating plant and equipment and cable hauling.
- Dig trenches so that footings and services can be laid.
- Move and level earth using a machine.
- Assist tradespersons and other operators in maintenance and construction work.
- Place and compact filing and quarry materials.
- Assume responsibility for the security and wellbeing of plant and equipment.
- Use wheelbarrows to remove rubble and rubbish from site.
- Assist qualified and experienced tradesperson.
- Other duties as assigned via instructions under general supervision.
- JOB DIMENSIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Plant Operator works in a team environment, reports to the applicable Project Manager or their nominated Supervisor and is responsible for:
- Referring to documented work procedures and manuals
- Liaise with other field staff and work groups within a hub environment.
Plant Operator must follow established work practices and promote and maintain safety, whilst controlling environmental impacts and complying with legislative responsibilities. The Plant Operator must identify and eliminate hazards and potentially dangerous situations.
- PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Enjoy Practical and Manual Work
- Be able to follow precise instructions
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be Physically fit and with good eyesight
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Have a current driver’s licence or the ability to obtain one.
- A current heavy vehicle driver’s licence or ability to obtain one.
- Current Appropriate Plant Tickets
- Must complete Network Authorisation and WHS refresher training annually.
- SPECIALISED JOB KNOWLEDGE/DEMONSTRATED ABILITY
- Demonstrated commitment to improvements in safety and performance, environmental performance and legal compliance.
- CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to follow safety procedures and requirements, legislative or otherwise, and design policies that comply with these requirements. Ability to identify and eliminate any potentially hazardous or dangerous situations.
- Detail Mindedness
- Ensure a high level of accuracy in work.
- Ability to meet deadlines on scheduled work and to efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Team Work
- Able to effectively and productively within a team environment where task completion is reliant on the co-operation of all members of the team.
- Work Quality
- Ability to perform maintenance activities and associated tasks to a high standard in an environment where safe work practices are critical
For the email submissions send to email@example.com