The replacement of Maiden Creek Bridge is part of the Armidale timber bridge replacement program involves the design, supply and construction of 7 existing timber bridges over waterways in the vicinity of Armidale NSW.
The replacement of the Maiden Creek Bridge involves the Design, Manufacture, Supply of Components and Construction of a new low maintenance single span bridge over Maiden Creek, along Wongwibinda Road, approximately 56 kilometres north-east of Armidale NSW to replace an existing timber bridge.
The works under this contract will involve design, documentation and construction of a new structure to suit Council’s proposed road alignment.
Typical Characteristics of the Bridgeworks included:
- Cast insitu reinforced concrete bridge
- Simple bridge
- Single span simply supported concrete girders
- Moderate earthworks incl. guide banks and rock protection
- Detailed earthworks (exposing cast insitu piles)
- Pile foundations (<25m length)
- Cast insitu piles including simple dry and wet rock sockets
Bearings / Joints
Elastomeric bridge bearings
Construction Environment / Traffic
- Construction over water
- Low traffic volumes
- Country location
- Temporary traffic diversion
- Temporary bridge
Environment, Community & Stakeholder Management
- Moderate community / stakeholder management
- Consultant team coordination and management
- Design management
- Moderate environmental management over a waterway