The replacement of the Hiscox Creek Bridge is part of the Armidale timber bridge replacement program involves the design, supply and construction of 7 existing timber bridges over waterways in the vicinity of Armidale NSW.
The replacement of Hiscox Creek Bridge involves the Design, Manufacture, Supply of Components and Construction of a new low maintenance 2-cell culvert bridge over Hiscox Creek, along Puddledock Road, approximately 12 kilometres north of Armidale NSW to replace an existing timber bridge.
The works under this contract will involve design, documentation and construction of a new structure to suit Council’s proposed road alignment.
Typical Characteristics of the Bridgeworks included:
- Simple bridge
- Precast concrete culvert units
- Precast wingwalls and cast insitu headwall
- Construction adjacent to existing services
- Moderate earthworks incl. guide banks and rock protection
- Road pavement over bridge to council specifications
- Simple foundations on prepared ground
Bearings / Joints
- No bearings
Construction Environment / Traffic
- Construction over water
- Low traffic volumes
- Country location
- Temporary traffic diversion
- Temporary bridge
Environment, Community & Stakeholder Management
- Moderate community / stakeholder management
- Consultant team coordination and management
- Design management
- Moderate environmental management over a waterway