The replacement of Abington Creek Bridge is part of the Armidale timber bridge replacement program involves the design, supply and construction of 7 existing timber bridges over waterways in the vicinity of Armidale NSW.
The replacement of the Abington Creek Bridge involves the Design, Manufacture, Supply of Components and Construction of a new low maintenance 3 cell culvert over Abington Creek, along Boorolong Road, approximately 37 kilometres north-west of Armidale NSW to replace an existing timber bridge.
The works under this contract will involve design, documentation and construction of a new structure to suit Council’s proposed road alignment.
Typical Characteristics of the Bridgeworks included:
- Simple bridge
- Precast concrete culvert units
- Cast insitu reinforced concrete link slabs
- Precast wingwalls and cast insitu headwall
- Moderate earthworks incl. guide banks and rock protection
- Road pavement over bridge to council specifications
- Simple foundations on prepared ground
Bearings / Joints
- No bearings
Construction Environment / Traffic
- Construction over water
- Low traffic volumes
- Country location
- Temporary traffic diversion
- Temporary bridge
Environment, Community & Stakeholder Management
- Moderate community / stakeholder management
- Consultant team coordination and management
- Design management
- Moderate environmental management over a waterway